The new range is launched at Colette in Paris 18 November 2017 and launches 25 november 2017 at Graanmarkt 13. Also available in the Graanmarkt 13 e-shop.
THE ROOFTOP GARDEN
Graanmarkt 13 is never not looking for sustainable ways of production. Chef Seppe Nobels is committed to cooking with produce as close to its source as possible. From this mindset, the rooftop garden was born, in collaboration with Sanguisorba’s herbalist Bart Belmans. Year round, it provides Graanmarkt 13's restaurant with vegetables, honey, more than a hundred herb varieties, and a fresh garden breeze. Organic gardening practices are at its core, introducing as few outside inputs as possible. This lush urban oasis also inspires them to experiment with colours and tastes, from the more common to the unusual, resulting in pure products from the best quality.
What we smell, and how we smell, is printed in our being. Scent is a powerful wizard that can fly us across time and space. A perfume lifts our spirits, triggers our desire, and evokes strong memories. This fragrance will be remembered as a walk through spring fields of Lavender and Patchouli, alongside herbal gardens of Rosemary, Coriander and Bergamot, ending in a wonderland of Cedar wood and Angelica Root.
Good to know...
- Developed together with craft perfumer Lyn Harris also known as 'Perfumer H'.
- Although Marilyn Monroe only wore perfume when she went to bed, we recommend wearing this fragrance also in the morning.
- Can be enjoyed as a classic perfume, but also on your pets (ask them first), on textile or as a ‘parfum d’intérieur’.
- Made in England.
- Retail price: 130 euro. Also available as "Travel Set": 60 euro.
THE SCENTED CANDLE
This Garden 13 candle scents luxurious and burns for more than 30 hours. Based on hand-poured natural wax, it emits delicate woody and floral accords, including lavender, rosemary, bergamot and cedar wood, all making up Graanmarkt 13’s signature scent.
Good to know...
- Developed in Graanmarkt 13's home laboratory together with cult perfumer Lyn Harris and Cire Trudon.
- Cire Trudon is the oldest candle maker in the world who perfumed the French palaces back in the 17th century.
- When a fragrance tickles our noses, our minds fire off memories from every corner of the brain. Smell triggers our desires, enriches the realities and lifts the spirits.
- Made in France.
- Retail price: 85 euro
Graanmarkt 13 chef Seppe Nobels and Sanguisorba’s herbalist Bart Belmans selected a range of seeds that will add beauty and lots of flavour to your dishes. Together they created a total of three Garden Kits:
- "After School Learning": Kids are triggered to eat healthy when they grow it themselves. The experience of sowing, looking after, and harvesting will make them veggie-crazy. That’s why our chef Seppe Nobels and Sanguisorba’s herbalist Bart Belmans created this sensory seed mix. Easy and fun to grow, customized for little hands. It contains three colourful carrot varieties (all but orange), a baby lettuce and a family of crunchy radishes in wonderful shapes.
- "Bee & Butterfly Buffet": Transform your place into a blooming wonderland with this edible flower mix. The bluish star flower marries well with cucumber, while the yellow and orange Wild Marigold flowers and young leaves have a fresh citrus touch. Its bright yellow sister, Pot Marigold, combines well with sun flower oil. By growing all these flowers, you also take care of the bee population. A world without bees is a world without us. So don’t forget to greet the little workers before you leave to work in the morning.
- "Cultivated Wilderness": This is a crunchy, zingy and peppery seed mix for those keen to taste something new. Chef Seppe Nobels and Sanguisorba’s herbalist Bart Bart Belmans created a blend of vegetables that will turn your salad into a rocket experience. An easy care mix of young leaves with strong, rough flavours. Adding natural power to your dishes. Be ready for a taste explosion.
The Garden Kits are available as from the end of November at 30 euro per kit.
ABOUT GRAANMARKT 13
Graanmarkt 13 is an unusual house in Antwerp in which every floor tells a story. Under just one roof, you will find a store, a restaurant and guest accommodation. It is a crossover venue packed with surprises, with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The minute you walk through the door, you will feel more like a guest than a customer.
Graanmarkt 13 is a wonderland dreamed up by its inventors, Tim Van Geloven and Ilse Cornelissens. They are the masterminds and gut feeling behind everything that happens at Graanmarkt 13. Tim and Ilse believe in doing everything just a little differently. Their welcoming oasis of inspiration is an extension of their own lifestyle: a microcosm that reflects how they experience the world. It mirrors everything they believe in, from a unique partiality to lovely things to an affinity with craftsmanship and sustainability. Tim and Ilse wish to bring their guests into contact with everything in which they take a special delight.
Graanmarkt 13 does not sell trends, but fashion and collector’s items that will last a lifetime. This store, which extends over two – and sometimes three – floors, brings together leading fashion, design and beauty brands as well as their avant-garde counterparts. Their offering varies regularly, and includes labels such as Lemaire, Sofie D’Hoore, Santa Maria Novella, Lobmeyr and Susanne Kaufmann. Tim and Ilse search for and select everything personally. Everything you will see at Graanmarkt 13 has, at one time or another, passed through their hands. They know the history behind every object, and will be more than happy to share this with you.
Contact email@example.com for more information, visual materials and/or an interview with Graanmarkt 13 founders Tim & Ilse.